In this article, you’ll discover tons of date ideas tailored to you and your significant other. Whether you seeking a casual meet-up or a memorable unique experience Portland has something for everyone. Explore a variety of activities, each designed to create genuine connections and wonderful memories with your partner or potential match.
As a Portland wedding photographer, I know the importance date night can play in fostering a healthy and lasting relationship. So, let’s get ready to plan the perfect date night in the beautiful city of Portland.
Fun Portland Date Ideas
Portland has many enjoyable date ideas to make you and your partner have fun, explore, and create lasting memories together. Whether you’re looking for excitement, enjoying nature, or just trying new things, these city date ideas will add adventure and joy to your relationship.
Bikes & Brews Tour with BrewCycle Portland
Join BrewCycle Portland for a unique and entertaining guided bike tour through the city. You and your date can pedal your way to various local breweries, enjoying craft beers, great tunes, and delicious bites along the way. It’s a fantastic way to explore Portland’s culinary and craft beer scene while having a blast on a mobile bar with your fellow riders.
- Address: 777 SE Washington St, Portland, OR 97214
- Least Crowded Days: Sunday – Thursday tours tend to be less crowded, and also saves a few dollars
- Estimated Cost: $20-$25 per seat
Sunset Kayaking on the Columbia River
Rent kayaks from Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe and paddle along the Columbia River as the sun sets in the distance. This outfitter offers rentals, classes, and often organizes sunset paddling events.
- Address: 200 NE Tomahawk Island Dr, Portland, OR 97217
- Least Crowded Days: Weekdays and non-holiday weekends are typically less crowded.
- Estimated Cost: Around $30-50 per kayak rental.
Outdoor Movie Night in the Park
Friends of Laurelhurst Park often organize outdoor movie nights and other cultural events during the summer. Bring your blanket and snacks to the park, where they project classic films on a big screen.
- Address: Laurelhurst Park, SE César E. Chávez Blvd & Stark St, Portland, OR 97214
- Least Crowded Days: Attendance varies by date
- Estimated Cost: Free admission
Columbia Gorge Waterfall Hike
The Columbia River Gorge has many hiking options to see famous waterfalls, such as the popular Multnomah Falls There are also numerous other hiking trails and waterfalls in the area perfect for getting outside and immersing in nature together.
- Address: Cascade Locks, OR 97014
- Least Crowded Days: Weekdays and early mornings are less crowded.
- Estimated Cost: $2 for a time-entry permit
Stargazing at Stub Stewart State Park
Head to L.L. “Stub” Stewart State Park to escape light pollution and enjoy stargazing. The park has designated areas for astronomy enthusiasts right across from the disc golf course.
- Address: L.L. “Stub” Stewart State Park, 30380 NW Hwy 47, Buxton, OR 97109
- Least Crowded Days: Weekdays and non-holiday weekends offer a more peaceful experience.
- Estimated Cost: The entry fee is $5 per vehicle.
Let’s turn your special day into unforgettable memories. Connect with me for couples photography that encapsulates your date night in time. Reach out.
First Date Ideas Portland
First dates are all about making a great impression and deepening your connection. If you’re searching for the perfect setting to spark chemistry, Portland offers a variety of excellent first-date options.
Coffee Date at Coava Coffee Portland
Start your first date with a warm cup of artisanal coffee at Coava Coffee. The cozy atmosphere and expertly brewed coffee make it a perfect spot to get to know each other.
- Address: 1300 SE Grand Ave, Portland, OR 97214
- Least Crowded Times: Mid-mornings and early afternoons are usually less busy.
- Estimated Cost: Around $5-10 for coffee.
Art and Conversation at the Portland Art Museum
Explore the Portland Art Museum, and let the art spark interesting conversations. Strolling through the galleries can help break the ice in a non-intimidating environment.
- Address: 1219 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR 97205
- Least Crowded Days: Weekdays and early mornings are less crowded.
- Estimated Cost: Admission fees vary but are usually under $20 per person.
Food Truck Adventure at Cartopia
Experience Portland’s original Eastside food truck park at Cartopia. Choose from a variety of food carts offering a wide range of food and beverages and enjoy your meal at picnic tables under the stars.
- Address: 1207 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214
- Least Crowded Times: Late afternoons and evenings are ideal for a casual meal.
- Estimated Cost: Around $10-15 per person for food.
Scenic Walk on the Downtown Waterfront Loop
Take a walk together along the beautiful Portland Waterfront Loop. Enjoy the view of the Willamette River and Portland’s iconic bridges while getting to know each other.
- Address: Portland Waterfront, SW Naito Pkwy, Portland, OR 97201
- Least Crowded Times: Early mornings or weekdays provide a more private atmosphere.
- Estimated Cost: Free
Live Music at Mississippi Studios
Enjoy a night of live music at Mississippi Studios. It’s an intimate venue that often hosts local bands and musicians, making it an ideal spot for a memorable first date.
- Address: 3939 N Mississippi Ave, Portland, OR 97227
- Least Crowded Times: Arrive early for better seating options.
- Estimated Cost: Ticket prices vary by performance
Preserve your special moments with stunning photography. Taking on a limited number of couples each year. Let’s talk about photography.
Cute Date Ideas Portland
Sometimes, all you need is a dash of charm to put the spark back into date night. Portland’s romantic side shines through in these date ideas, perfect for couples looking for the perfect cute date ideas.
Visit the Portland Rose Garden at Peninsula Park
Take a romantic walk through the Portland Rose Garden at Peninsula Park. This lovely garden features a beautiful display of colorful roses, making it a perfect spot for a cute and cozy date.
- Address: Peninsula Park, 700 N Rosa Parks Way, Portland, OR 97217
- Least Crowded Times: Visit on weekdays for a quieter experience.
- Admission: Free
Attend a Wine Tasting at Cooper’s Hall
Enjoy a charming wine-tasting date at Cooper’s Hall. It’s a unique urban winery where you can sample a variety of local wines in a cozy, rustic setting.
- Address: 404 SE 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97214
- Least Crowded Times: Early evenings on weekdays are typically quieter.
- Estimated Cost: Around $15-20 for wine tasting.
Pack a Picnic at Laurelhurst Park
Create a sweet and intimate date by having a picnic at Laurelhurst Park. Spread a blanket under the shade of tall trees, enjoy your favorite treats, and unwind together by the tranquil lake.
- Address: SE César E. Chávez Blvd & Stark St, Portland, OR 97214
- Least Crowded Times: Weekdays are usually less crowded.
- Cost: Varies based on picnic options chosen. Admission is free.
Chocolate Tasting at Cloudforest Chocolate
Indulge in a cute chocolate-tasting date at Cloudforest Chocolate. Savor the unique and flavorful chocolates made from scratch in a cozy, intimate atmosphere.
- Address: Cloudforest Chocolate, 721 NW 9th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
- Least Crowded Times: Late afternoons or early evenings are often less crowded.
- Estimated Cost: Around $15-20 for a tasting experience.
Movie Night at the Kennedy School Theater
Enjoy a cute and nostalgic movie night at the Kennedy School Theater. You can enjoy classic films together in the cozy theater at this historic school transformed into a theater and brewery.
- Address: 5736 NE 33rd Ave, Portland, OR 97211
- Least Crowded Times: Weekdays tend to be less crowded
- Admission: $6 per person
Ready to take your relationship to the next level? Your love story deserves to be told. Reach out a proposal and wedding photographer today. Let’s talk.
Related and Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Should a First Date Last?
The duration of a first date can vary, but it’s a good idea to aim for a duration of about 1-2 hours. This will make things comfortable and allow for conversation without feeling rushed.
How Do You Make a Date Feel Special?
To make a date feel special, focus on active listening. Show genuine interest in their stories. You can take things up a notch by planning activities or locations that resonate with their interests and preferences.
How Do You Have a Fun Date?
To have a fun date, choose an activity or setting that both you and your partner enjoy. Keep the atmosphere relaxed, and don’t be afraid to inject humor and playfulness into your interactions.
Looking for a Portland Photographer?
Form not working? Reach out.
email@example.com l 541-579-0921